Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 1 at Effie Kochrine

Today went great. The project of making a skeleton out of birch wood was accepted well. Today students chose their chunk of wood, and we began carving them. I feel very insecure about whether or not we will be able to finish the project by Friday. I bought a jigsaw, but it is not as strong as what we need. Students are currently using the chisels and hammers to work the wood. The skull is the most intimidating part, followed closely by the pelvis.
My mentor at Effie is Mr. Sullivan. He has been very kind and supportive. I really appreciate that. The students have made me feel very welcome and I am really enjoying my time here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rev,
    Have fun at Effie. The students will like your biology project. Looking forward to reading more about your time at Effie.

    ReplyDelete