Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Friday Day 5

I am hoping that I can extend the project into the next week. We have made great progress. I am going to put the hands and feet together by weaving wire through the wood pieces the students have prepared.

I am worried about finding a base.

I solved the riddle of how to keep the shoulders up. I will be using a hook and ring tool that is as big as the shoulder should be, so we will weave those together with wire too. Some students have been done with their part for a day or so and they have moved on to other things. Many of the students are really into the project.

Today we stacked the vertebra on the threaded metal post that will act as the body's axis. We have both collar bones, the skull, both scapula, both ulna and radius but only one humerus. Same for the legs, all the tibias and fibulas, but only one femur.

I feel confident we can finish next week, even though the students will be testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment