Monday, April 13, 2009

Week 2 Day 5

I had a problem with what to do about the ribcage. But, one of the students had shown me how to peel birch bark and as I was backing out of my driveway I saw a huge area of birch bark without any knots. I peeled it and the class and I carved a ribcage out of it. The skeleton was completed and everything worked out.
I am sad to leave.
I thank Mr. Sullivan for all his help. It was really great that the project worked out so well. At the end of it, I am sure that I had no business doing this project in the first place. I had never carved anything and some of the most critical problems with construction of the skeleton were unknown and unplanned for.
Of course, now, I am an expert and can do it again.
I am very thankful for this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment