Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Day 2 at Effie

Day 2
The energy picked up in class today. Despite the fact that we have few tools, one of the teachers lent us a hatchet that has been very helpful. The students are very into the project and I am feeling confident that we can have the bones all formed by Friday. I am concerned that we will not have the time to put the skeleton together. I am hoping I can extend my stay here to finish the project. I feel really welcomed by the students and I really appreciate how hard they are working and their enthusiasm for the product.
I started the review for the unit test for 1st and 2nd period. The students seem to be struggling with the material, but we are getting through it together.
Tomorrow we will finish the review, I am going to work on the skull of the skeleton and see if I can get it going. The student who chose to do the skull is feeling a bit lost on what to do. The sternum is done and the ribs look like they will work out. I am looking forward to coming back tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment